Sorry, this job has expired.
Change the job fair information at the top to:
* Meet our Hiring Managers in person.
* Visit us on Wednesday December 5th at 10:00 AM
* Click Apply now for the location address.
IT Instructor: Job Summary
Do you want to make a positive impact on someone’s life? Do you like working with veterans and career changers? Our IT instructors help design and deliver high velocity IT training programs and support students in achieving career relevant certifications. In addition to their training skills, they are knowledgeable in student support, certification rates and what is needed to attain them, and the importance of IT training in today’s growing IT job markets. As an instructor, you are vested in supporting student to achieve certification and career goals.
Typical duties include, but not limited to:
• Execution and instruction of IT classes in formal (e.g. a classroom), informal (e.g. floor-walking) or online (e.g. webinar) settings.
• Execution and instruction of virtual labs
• Identifying/Carrying out training needs/analyses
• Defining the skill sets needed to be successful in programs offered
• Carrying out performance assessments to determine the skills gaps between current and desirable learner skill levels
• Designing, updating training materials needed to support student successfully through certification
• Ensuring the learning environment and resources support learner needs
• Designing course materials and other documents such as handouts, manuals and exercises
• Preparing the learning environment and resources, including setting up IT equipment where appropriate
• Delivering study sessions in formal (e.g. a classroom), informal (e.g. floor-walking) or online (e.g. webinar) settings.
• Supporting and coaching learners towards timely exam execution
• Evaluating the effectiveness of training and learning outcomes
• Liaising with partners (e.g. external course providers, employers, examining bodies) to fulfil the skills needs of an organization
• Collaborating with other instructors
• Maintaining appropriate records of learner development and resource allocation
• Ability to align training to current IT job markets
• Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science)
• For CompTIA Instructors:
o Current A+ ce certification
o Current Network+ ce certification
o Current Security+ ce certification
o Additional certifications, such CompTIA CSA+, CompTIA CASP, ITIL Foundation, and Microsoft certifications are preferred
• For Cybersecurity Instructors:
o Current EC-Council certifications, to include CND, CEH, CHFI, ECES, EDRP, and ECSA
o Current (ISC)2 CISSP
o Additional certifications, such as CompTIA CSA+, CompTIA CASP, ISACA CISM and ISACA CISA are preferred
• For Cisco Instructors:
o Current CCNA: Routing and Switching (ICND1 & ICND2)
o Current CCNA: Security (IINS)
• Additional certifications, such as PMP are desirable, as well.
Skills & Experience:
• Articulate Communication skills
• Administrative skills
• Prior teaching/instruction
• Prior student management
• Prior team collaboration or management skills
• Analytical skills
• Training skills
• Mentor experience